How to Set up an Outlook Express Email Account
Your Internet Service Provider has probably given you the option to set up more than one email address. Most come with at least five. So you're not limited to just the one. If somebody else in your household wants his/her own address, you should be able to do it. You'll learn how to configure a new address right now (We're using Outllook Express, the most popular Email software.)
To set up an email address, make sure you are looking at an Outlook Express screen and not a New email screen. Then do the following.
- From the menu bar, click on Tools
- From the drop down menu that appears, click on Accounts (one click, left mouse button)
- When you click on Accounts, you get the Internet Accounts dialogue box popping up. Click the Mail tab at the top to see the following:
The Mail tab shows you all the email accounts that you have set up. In the image above, there are no email accounts set up yet. To set up an email account, do the following:
- Click on the Add button in the top right hand corner
- A popup menu appears
- Click Mail with your left mouse button
When you click on Mail, you get an Account Wizard popping up, which will ask you a series of question. We'll run through the various pages of the Wizard in the next part.